Step inside the trunk of a tree to follow the path water takes from the deepest roots to the very top of a Douglas fir.
Data Sources: River and Stream Data: U.S. Geological Survey, California Land Cover Spatial Data: U.S. Department of the Interior National Gap Analysis Program.
For classroom activities, visit www.calacademy.org/educators/habitat-earth-in-the-classroom
– – –
The California Academy of Sciences is a renowned scientific and educational institution dedicated to exploring, explaining, and sustaining life on Earth. Based in San Francisco’s Golden Gate Park, it’s the only place in the world to house an aquarium, planetarium, rainforest, and natural history museum—plus cutting-edge research programs—all under one living roof.
Connect with us:
• Facebook: https://facebook.com/calacademy
• Twitter: https://twitter.com/calacademy
• Instagram: https://instagram.com/calacademy
• Snapchat: https://www.snapchat.com/add/heycalacademy
• Tumblr: https://heycalacademy.tumblr.com